“Jacqui does outstanding work. She draws your stories out of you, finding stories you didn’t know existed. I’ve referred several people to her. You will get your money’s worth!”
The Right Words to Tell My Story
I have reviewed my new executive resume and feel that it is a true representation of my relevant experience and accomplishments. You and your Team did an outstanding job, and I feel very grateful for your efforts to first understand and then put together the right words to tell my story.
Please feel free to use my thank you note as a reference of the high level quality of your job.
Amazed and Refreshed
Working with Jacqui has been a thought-stretching experience, challenging me to think about my career life and what it has meant. What Jacqui has challenged from me has turned into well-positioned work and a refreshed positioning for me going forward. Very grateful.
Working with Jacqui has been an absolute pleasure! The process to develop my resume has been thought provoking, helping me to understand where I have been, where I am and where I want to go. Jacqui was focused on understanding my personal and professional accomplishments and future goals, and bringing those ideas to the forefront, as I get ready for a career change. Great experience, great value!!
Jacqui is a great listener with a unique ability to articulate an executive’s passion and career in a manner that is compelling and clear to a variety of audiences.
My old, old resume needed an overhaul! I wanted a new one that would weave together two related but different fields. I was a little concerned about how to effectively highlight my experience and accomplishments in both fields. Jacqui pulled it all together creating a resume that chronicled my career history but also brought out my personality in a very professional way. I would absolutely recommend her.
Jacqui has been my preferred provider for resume preparation services for more than 7 years. She has assisted many executives at my companies who have not kept their resumes up to date as they have progressed in their careers, and she has provided guidance on my own resume. Jacqui’s process is at least as – if not more valuable – than the resume product itself. She has intuitive insight into her clients and a keen eye for corporate requirements. She is a gem.
~ Louise Korver
Quality Resume / Quality Service
I started using several resume writing services and judged their results. Ultimately, very few of them ever really made a dent. However, I did come across one (CareerTrend) that did ultimately deliver. I could immediately tell that they had the experience in delivering what I needed based on the time taken to truly understand my value, what I was looking for, and their process of working on the resume consistently until we had what I wanted.
Almost immediately I could see differences in the quality, number and frequency of opportunity inquiries. The service was not cheap as an initial outlay, but from the results and placement it was well worth 10x it’s value.
- Naming myself (updating my bio) was painful. But thanks to Jacqui Barrett-Poindexter‘s gold-digging tutelage, it’s done.
- Thank you for bringing my experience alive.
- The resume sealed the deal with hiring executives.
- The worksheet not only helped me identify my strengths but triggered memories of accomplishments I’d forgotten.
- My job hunt has finally come to an end and I got my dream job! I couldn’t be happier! It’s exactly what I wanted: Big company, great benefits, competitive salary and lots of social responsibility projects to be involved with.
- The service that you offered went beyond having a great resume and preparing myself for the interviews, it also gave me a clear idea of what kind of job I wanted. I turned down a couple of offers because I knew they weren’t a good fit. Working on that worksheet was not easy, but it was worth it!
- “Superbly done”, “loved the format”, “I would change nothing” and “I really admire its unique nature”, were just some of the comments I received from both HR and independent recruiters. In addition, I felt the branding image and genuine stories within the document kept me fresh and added cohesion during the interview process, thus making me a better interviewee.
- You are an extraordinary writer, and I am very thankful to have worked with you throughout this project.