How do I contact you?
What are your processes?
Our processes are highly collaborative and thought stretching. After clarifying your target goals, we partner through several steps: 1) Introspective worksheet process; 2) In-depth phone or Skype ‘interview’; and 3) Writing Strategy.
How long does the process take?
Our quality vs. speed mantra requires we take as long as we need to get it right. That said, the average end-to-end collaboration is generally 3 to 5.5+ weeks, longer for more elaborate or complex portfolios and multiple deliverables. We allow flexibility, for example, if you need extra time to think through your homework.
As well, we handle each project with the right blend of creative artistry and pragmatism, meaning we start with an end-goal in mind and map milestone goals and delivery objectives until we reach the finish line.
How do I know if we’re a fit to work together?
We may be a fit if you are:
* Stuck In your job search.
* Using a dull and lifeless resume.
* Not cinching interviews with your current resume.
* Securing interviews, but not for the types of roles you desire.
* Noticing a disconnect in what your resume says and what hiring leaders seek.
* Blinded by your own perspective and needing an objective viewpoint.
* Wanting to break through to the next career level.
* Frustrated with doing it all alone.
* More than 30 days into your job search and spinning your wheels.
* Ready to take charge of your career!
* Motivated and self-propelled. You don’t mind doing the hard yards and thought-work to get to the next level.
* Ready to make your career goals a priority!
We likely are NOT a fit if you are:
* In a rush to get your resume, fast.
* Uninterested in collaborating (i.e., just want to hand off your old resume and a pile of performance reviews for a writer to spiff up).
* Opposed to a more modern, creative approach to content strategy.
* Receiving numerous opportunity inquiries with the perfect, target companies.
* Unable to see the value in the investment.
* Unlikely or unable to relinquish control of the writing process.
* Unable to make your career goals a priority.
What is your success rate with your clients?
Our success rate is calculated on the high percentage of returning clients and referral business. After 18 years owning CareerTrend as a full-time, self-sustaining entity, the referral rate is at an all-time high of more than 80%. You can read why clients found success collaborating with CareerTrend at our testimonials pages, HERE, and HERE.
Why choose you? What makes you different?
Our clients say it best (while completing resume worksheet): “You were right, answering the questions really opens up all corners of a soul.”
Durable Experience. After nearly 18 years operating CareerTrend full time, I know resume writing — HOW to help you focus your message to the RIGHT audience.
Passionate About, and Educated in Writing. Impassioned focus. My reason for rising and going to work every day is to create word stories. Early on, I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Writing, with a Journalism emphasis. I can tell a client’s nuanced story by pursuing your ‘who, what, where, when, why and how.’ My stories generate interviews.
Perspective. Client engagements are exclusive and pre-qualified to ensure quality and success. Eighteen years crafting more than 1,500 career stories equips me with a repository of strategic knowledge.
I know intuitively how to help you gain perspective on your job search. Career messaging is at the heartbeat of your transition or breakthrough role. Without focused perspective, everything else you do in your search will be like traveling without a GPS.
Unparalleled Results. I remain current on career marketing and communication trends while also setting you apart with an uncommon outcome. I do this by breaking from archaic and unsubstantiated resume regulations.
As in all marketing, there are no hard-and-fast rules. While you don’t want to be ‘different’ just for the sake of being different, you also don’t want to mimic. Don’t let fear force you to follow everyone else.
A Career Writer Who Writes Resumes. I write influential copy that generates interest and gets job interviews! While The Wall Street Journal, Glassdoor, US News & World Report, and many others have tapped me for career insights, my PRIMARY role — and working theme — is performing as YOUR career-writing strategist.
A Partner Who Will Make You Feel at Ease. A client wrote, “I love the energy in your emails!” She added, “You have a very clear and easy-to-read communication style.” A fellow writer noted that I offer a “warm, friendly personality” enabling you to feel at ease through this opening-up process while divulging your career story, feelings and fears.